Monday, October 20, 2008

Thinking Ahead

I was reading a blog today that did a "week in the life of" scrapbook challange and it got me to thinking about my life and how I want to document it. I was participating in a challange on Digiscrap101 where we did a page every day, but I dropped out for personal reasons. I loved the idea of capturing everyday life though. I know we all think of our lives as mundane for the most part, but what precious things are we forgetting because we don't document every little thing?
Anyway, for myself, documenting everyday is much too stressful and time consuming, but I really want to document my family's story as we grow and learn. I've decided that I am going to try and document at least a whole year (from this date) with a page a week scrapbook. I dug out a photo album that was a wedding gift and a small journal that I've hardly used and I am going to try to write about the things that matter to my family NOW, not just the events and special occasions. Scrapbooking is suppossed to document life, right? I might use prompts for some weeks if I am not sure what to document, but I am going to try hard to make this a special glimpse into my family and our life for generations to come.
Wish me luck!

No comments: