My mother took Ryan last night and all of today so I could have a bit of a break, and I got nothing done.
My house is a complete mess, though my hubby has been trying to clean it he never really gets there. Even on the Zofran for my nausea and vomiting i have a lack of energy, and an inability to get things done. I'm afraid to do anything that might set off the awful cycle of vomiting that plagued me for so many weeks. So instead of attempting to clean my house I have sat in my room... only emerging to pop something in the oven to eat... which caused a bought of retching.
I know that physically my body needs rest after so much strain, but mentally I feel incredibly lazy and inept. My house is a pig-sty to the point that I am embarrassed to have people over, my laundry is piling up, my kitchen can't really be cooked in... and I can't get myself to do a darn thing about it. It makes me feel broken, useless, etc. I feel like this pregnancy has taken a lot more out of me than anything else I have ever experienced. I feel like there is a scar from the constant vomiting that has pushed me into placid inaction, and I don't know how to jump that hurtle.
I wish I had the energy, initiative, and stomach to do a total overhaul of our apartment and clean it from top to bottom! It is driving me nuts, but I feel like it is not something I can take on and win.
I'm about the most useless housewife there ever was at the moment...

No comments:
Post a Comment